The wide-angle lens placed at the back. The front camera placement on the top side corner of the screen. If you are an LG smartphones fan or at least you have seen the LG V20, you know what we mean. Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S10 series including the S10 Plus and S10e are derived from an old LG flagship.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Copied LG V20
This article is not to point out that Samsung has no originality, although it should seem to sound that way. We would just like to take a moment and appreciate this fact. The reason why I I am bringing this up is that I was and still am a user of the LG V20 phone.
In fact, I still use it on some of my vlogging activities. You may check me out on YouTube as Qkotman YT. So it makes me feel glad that the phone’s design was ahead of its time when it was released. It is just now that LG’s move to create the LG V20 is making trend online.
Well, the sad part is that the majority of users do not recognize the design. Look at how LG managed to create a handset design that was supposed to be for the year 2019.
The LG V20 Legacy
We are not saying that the LG V20 is the exact replica of the new Samsung Galaxy S10 series. It is just very much noticeable that the design concept is so uncanny.
That dual camera at the back with one wide angle lens is much better than that of LG V20. Although on LG V20’s time, it was the rockstar of the smartphone world. In fact, tons of reviews back in late 2017 were focused on how LG V20 was better in every turn compared to Samsung Galaxy S7. Also, the LG V20 was the last LG flagship smartphone with the removable battery.
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was even worse when it headlined for exploding big time on many users. We are pretty sure you have heard about the rumors. It was the bomb.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Difference
As we have stated in the title, the Samsung Galaxy S10 series is the reincarnation of the LG V20. And to that note, the Samsung lineup is much better in terms of hardware. That is an underline that makes this new iteration of LG V20 design much better.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 is the new king as of current standards of smartphones. It has the most powerful SoC and the most gorgeous design. Anyway, here’s the basic comprehensive spec of this device.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Spec:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 / Exynos 9820 (Octa-core)
- GPU: Adreno 640 / Mali G76 MP12
- OS: One UI (Android 9.0)
- Display: 6.1 inches Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~550 ppi density) with Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Memory: 8GB RAM with 128GB/512GB Storage
- Rear Cam: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.0µm
- Front Cam: 10 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Battery: Non-removable 3400mAh with reverse wireless charging feature
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint, Bixby button (remappable), Samsung DEX, HDR10+, Hybrid Dual SIM, IP68 dust and water resistant, Headphone jack
Looking side by side on these two devices, it’s nice to see how Samsung made the LG v20 design much better and incorporate it to the present trending design. It is safe to say that Samsung made the LG V20 design exponentially better.
And for us LG V20 fans, we are just glad this design is not that out of date. Well, minus the chin and secondary screen on top, it still feels at home with the new Samsung Galaxy S10 setup.
What do you guys think? Do you see the resemblance on two devices? Tell us what you think about this path that Samsung is taking. We would love to know what you guys think.
More about LG V20: